The Economic Regulation and Planning (ER&P) Directorate of NPA has oversight responsibility over the supply of petroleum products into and out of Ghana and ensuring the efficient pricing of petroleum products while promoting fair competition amongst players in the petroleum downstream industry in Ghana.
Below are the key functions of the Directorate:
1. Plan and schedule the importation of petroleum products through the various entry points in the country.
2. Monitor production of petroleum products by refineries in Ghana.
3. Monitor stocks of petroleum products across the country’s storage depots.
4. Oversee the re-export of petroleum products from Ghana to neighbouring countries.
5. Review and grant approval for requests to supply products such as Marine Gasoil and Condensates.
6. Ensure that petroleum products are priced in accordance with the Prescribed Petroleum Pricing Formula.
7. Ensure value for money for Petroleum Service Providers (PSPs) and consumers.
8. Promote transparency and fair competition in the pricing and marketing of petroleum products.
9. Compute and publish the prices of regulated products.
10. Monitor, review and analyse prices of petroleum products across the country.
11. Develop and enforce guidelines for the supply and pricing of petroleum products in Ghana.